Body Composition Analysis at Hurley-Vorce Fitness
Take fitness to the next level with Body Composition Analysis using our InBody Body Composition Analyzer!
What is Body Composition Analysis?
Body composition analysis is a measurement of the components that make up our bodies, including muscle, fat and water. This measurement is useful in that it provides us with insight into the unique make up of each individual's body which can be a great way to set health and fitness goals. Because this measurement can accurately show changes in fat mass, muscle mass and body fat percentage, it is an excellent tool for tracking your progress!
Cost per scan: $50
Preparing for your InBody Test
For best results, please follow the directions below and strive to take the test under the same conditions (time of day, hydrated, fasted, etc).
• Hydrate well the day before your test
• Do not drink excess caffeine on the day of your test (normal caffeine intake is okay)
• Do not eat for 3 hours before your test
• Do not exercise for 3 hours before your test
• Do not take the test after a shower or sauna
• Do not consume alcohol for 24 hours before your test
• Insure access to both feet with removable footwear
• Do not wear jewelry
• Do not use lotion/ointment on your hands and feet
• Use the bathroom prior to your test for most consistent results
• Take the test after standing for at least 5 minutes
• Warm up for 20 minutes before a test performed in cold weather
• Avoid having the test during menstrual period as total body water will be higher than normal
• Individuals with pacemakers or other electronic medical devices should not take the test
What to expect during your InBody Test
Taking the test is simple. You’ll follow the steps below to complete the test, then your results sheet will automatically be printed for you to review
1. Wipe hands and feet with lnBody Tissue
2. Remove shoes, socks, heavy articles of clothing and empty pockets
3. Stand on scale for weight measurement
4. Match back of heels to rear edge of heel electrodes
5. Input Member ID (your phone number), age, height, and sex then press ENTER
6. Hold handles lightly with thumb and fingers covering electrodes
7. Stand upright with your arms straight and away from the sides of your body
8. Stand still and relaxed
9. When the test is complete, wait until “Printing” appears on the screen before stepping off of the InBody device